Friday, January 22, 2010

My first Blog

I decided to start blogging, because, well, everybody else was doing it. I know normally that is not a good reason to do anything, but this was a little different. Maybe I'll post something that will help someone else, who knows.

It's interesting to be starting this blog now. You see, in December of 2008 I made my first trip to Haiti. I've been three times since then. I fell in love with the people of Haiti and the children at the orphanage that we visit. As you may now last Tuesday a huge earthquake hit the country of Haiti. Their capital city of Port Au Prince was devastated. When I first started watching the news coverage of this tragedy, I felt so helpless, I wanted to do something. Two days later, the Lord laid on my heart that I was to go. Not only that I was to go but go for a month. I said Lord what about my family? He said do you trust me? I said what about the money? He said do you trust me? I said what about Chris? Again do you trust me. SO I said yes Lord I trust you. So I shared with my husband that I believe I was supposed to go. He said he wanted to pray about it. So we prayed about it together and we prayed about it on our own. His main concern was my safety. Well he was on his way home from work yesterday and he said the that an overwhelming peace just came over him and he believes I'm supposed to go too. So, I am answering the call. I'm stepping out in faith and trusting the Lord to make a way. So far, we have a neighbor that is so gracious to take our kids to school and bring them home. People have offered to feed them, and so far several people have said they would help me financially. God is so good. I am overwhelmed by His goodness. I am overwhelmed that He would choose me. I don't have a lot to offer. All I have to offer is the love of a mother and I can show them the love of Jesus! So, this is my first blog! I'll be writing more later! God Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment