Monday, December 27, 2010

Letter from Haiti


Today I recieved a letter from a sweet boy from Haiti. Over the past few years I've gotten to know this special boy named Etlin. He is smart, quite and a hard worker. We speak different languages and we live in different cultures but I feel like he is one my own children. There is something so precious about him. He has such a gentle spirit. Etlin has a sister named Vassie who he cares for very much. When I was there in February 2010 I gave Etlin some money for his birthday. He went to the Haitian market and bought him a pair of jeans but he took part of his money and bought his sister a shirt. The missionaries always talk about how sweet he his and how he never gets in trouble. In his sweet letter he wrote he asked me to pray for him and what the Lord wants him to do with his life. He has always said he would like to be a doctor. He could definately do it.

This letter that I recieved today made this holiday season extra special. Although I couldn't be with the children at the Hope for Haiti's Children Center, they were in my heart!

Counting down the days until July!

No comments:

Post a Comment